One of my blogs is in the farming niche, I will use this as the example for the following tutorial.
Step 1: Find a suitable product to promote.
If you are not already a member of click bank then it is very quick and easy to sign up as an affiliate at http://www.clickbank.com/.
1. Log in to click bank with your free affiliate account.
2. Click on "Marketplace" from the top menu.
3. Scroll down to see the list of Categories (there are lots of products available on click bank and you should have no trouble finding a suitable product for your niche).
4. Browse through the products to find one you like. For this tutorial I have chosen the Home & Garden : How-to & Home Improvements category and the product "My Shed Plans" to promote to my readers.
5. Click on the link to see the sales page, this is what your readers will see when they click on your link. Pick a product with a good sales page to improve the chances of converting the lead into a sale.
6. Also check out the affiliate resources to help promote the product. There is usually a link at the bottom of the sales page, or via a Vendor Spotlight link from click bank.
8. Click on "CREATE" and then you should see a screen with your links.
9. Copy the link in black. We will convert this to a short url using a url shortening service.
10. Go to http://l1nk.com (or a url shortening service of your choice) create an account/ log in and add the url in black from step 8 to generate a short url.
11. Copy your compact url and keep it safe, we will use this to send our visitors to the sales page of the product we are promoting.
Step 2: Create a post on your blog
1. Login in to your blog (I am using WordPress for this tutorial).
2. Click on "Posts" then "Add New"
3. Add your title and write your article/review for the product you are promoting - don't forget to check the affiliate sites from the product for some content ideas. It is best if you write/re-write the content yourself, but if you are in a rush you can use content provided by the seller.
4. Go to the affiliate page for the product and copy the code for one of their banner ads.
5. make sure you are in the "Text" or "HTML" editor for your blog post and paste this html at the bottom of your blog post.
6. Important: make sure you update the link with your short link from http://l1nk.com. Replace the url between the quotes "" after <a href= with your compact link (replace the bit highlighted below with your link).
7. If you click on the visual tab you will see how your banner will appear. It is also worth adding a call to action above the banner to tell your readers what you want them to do next.
8. When you are happy with your post all you have to do is click "Publish".
If you have a well established readership and have earned their trust then this may be enough to monetize your blog. However, if you are low on visitors and could do with more people seeing your promotion then you will need to invest some time in promoting the post/blog with various traffic generation strategies or pay per click etc.
For detailed instructions on all areas of affiliate marketing and making real money on click bank, just click on the banner below, and kick start your earnings with bring the fresh.